Monday, February 25, 2008

Classy Fixin's...

We admit it...we phoned in dinner this evening. Sloppy joe's, mac & cheese, fruit cocktail and michelob light comprised our nighttime feast. Clay thoroughly enjoyed the meal while I was left less than impressed. I do concede that the sloppy joe's were quite tasty but I find boxed mac&cheese to resemble cardboard in taste and texture.



Judy's Sloppy Joe's

- 1 pound of lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 16 ounce bottle of chili sauce
- 1 small diced onion
- 3 tbsp of sugar (optional)
- salt & pepper (to taste)

Saute diced onion in a tsp of oil. Add ground meat and drain oil once meat is finished cooking. Then add chili sauce, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook over low heat for approximately 1/2 hour.

1 comment:

Jackie: said...

You are much better than I am! I usually use Manwhich.