Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It is a Bit Much...

One of the perks of having a separate office from your husband is that you can paint your retreat/workspace whatever color tickles your imagination. I wanted orange so I painted my office orange...vintage orange to be exact. It is loud and a bit obtrusive. I am trying to adapt to the new color but I am afraid that I bit off more than I can chew. How to fix the design faux pas without losing the orange? Maybe a block pattern with various reds and oranges? Stripes? Lots of artwork? Hmmmm...off to comb through design catalogues for inspiration.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you have a poster of babies playing the saxophone?

I like the color.

Anonymous said...

I Love orange and have always wanted a room that color!
Bravo to you for at least trying.
I'm sure you will figure out something great!

Anonymous said...

Karen, I really like the orange. If you could add some brown in one way or another it would tone down the white against the orange. That is where you see the contrast. I would put browns with the orange. Aunt, Donna

Fran said...

Matt wanted to paint OUR office orange too! How wierd! We didn't do it though... I was a leeeetle chicken.