Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On The Watch


I always feel like somebody's watching me
Who's playing tricks on me
I always feel like somebody's watching me
Tell me it can't be

- Rockwell

I am officially a block captain for our neighborhood watch. A couple of weeks ago we ventured down to the neighborhood park to discuss the possibility of forming a watch with a handful of neighbors and the police. As the coordinator explained the duties of a block captain, Clay had an 'ah-ha' moment and turned to me wearing a mischievous smile.

"You should totally be a block captain…you love power," he said.

"Well, yes. But I am not sure being a block captain will provide me with the prospect of world domination," I replied.

"Everybody has to start somewhere babe. I know you, you will be on top of everything and rule with an iron fist and I will get kickbacks for being your husband."

"I'm not going to be your puppet. It is not 1932 nor are we in Manchukuo," I shot back relishing the idea of being block captain.

A couple of days later I sent the coordinator an email detailing my wish to become a block captain. Yesterday, my request was honored. Watch out criminals…Karen is watching.

4 comments:

Jackie: said...

I love it! Criminals beware!

Harry and Mer said...

Wow, that's impressive! You haven't even lived there very long and you are already a block captain. You guys are rising right to the top... quickly. I'm totally jealous.

Madison, Luke, and Alexander said...

Nice! Sounds like Mom and Dad could hire you once they get their group home.

Martha

Jackie: said...

I love the pic of Lucy on the title pic!!!