Friday, January 18, 2008

Music a'la Uncle Jerry

I have an Uncle. Uncle Jerry is his name. Many of my fondest childhood memories are based around when Uncle Jerry, Aunt Donna and my cousins Matt and Nick would fly from Detroit to Phoenix to visit our brood or our summer cross-country trip to Michigan. A large family joke envelops the time Uncle Jerry had me convinced that Max Norminair invented the air conditioning unit for cars and sold his idea to Henry Ford. Young and naïve while sitting in my dad’s Ford Ranger, I listened with fascination as he pointed out the “Max Norm Air” lettering on the air conditioning panel and informed me that it was Henry Ford’s way of giving Max Norminair credit for the vehicle air conditioner.

I held on to this truth for quite some time until one day our family of six was piled into our full-size van and I decided that I would ‘wow’ my audience with my immense vehicle air conditioning knowledge. After repeating the story, Mom and Dad burst out laughing (thanks guys…) and asked me where I had heard such a tale. As soon as I said “Uncle Jerry,” I knew I had been had.

Anyways. The point of this post is to pass along some fantastic songs that Uncle Jerry recently e-mailed me in my quest to expand my music library.  Here are some of his picks:
  • Banditos - The Refreshments
  • Strangehold - Ted Nugent
  • Biko - Peter Gabriel*
*We also recommend Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel about his spiritual experience on top of (you guessed it) Solsbury Hill.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jackie: said...

ha ha! When I was little my dad convinced me that brown cows gave chocolate milk. I guess when we are young we will believe anything!

Megan and Mike said...

Good Times with the Browns! How about uncle Matt and the camper (that we never once went camping in). Our convincing Nick and Julie to get married. Sloppy Joe. The list goes on....Do you have uncle jerry's email?