Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Simple But Lovely Project

When I am browsing the Internet or out walking through stores, the thrifty part of me sees an item and exclaims "I can make that for a lot less money." I have been seeing Family Established signs at various places for quite some time and have always admired the proclamation of family pride. Yesterday, I decided it was time for our little family to have a sign.



A quick stop at Lowe's and AC Moore was all it took to acquire the appropriate materials for the grand total of $10. I used a 50% coupon at AC Moore and scored the stencils for $4 (woohoo). I used black paint and leftover stain from my growing paint collection and a $2 stencil brush.



The finished product. I went for a more rustic look because I hate super clean artwork...for some reason it always looks fake to me. I did not center the lettering for the same reason. Hard to believe we have been married for over three (wonderful) years. They have been some crazy-filled years but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

4 comments:

Madison, Luke, and Alexander said...

LOVE your sign! Think you could make one for us?? I wish I could find one that has added hooks or something for all the places we'll go with the Army.

Martha

Jackie: said...

Great job!

Unknown said...

That sign is CUTE! The semi-sideways pic of your house (along with your recent tornado scare) remind me of the Wizard of Oz!

Did I ever get your address, btw??

Briana said...

pretty sure I'm gonna copy you! And to Martha, there are some signs similar to what she's looking for. They're pretty cute, usually the family name at the top, and pieces can be added below it with the name of each new post you go to. Not sure where she's stationed now, but I've seen them in country and knick knack stores at Lewis and Drum.